Updated: 4:30pm AEDT on Wednesday, 25 March 2020
- The Australian Government has begun sending text messages to keep you informed about the national response to COVID-19. Please act on that advice, it will help save lives.
- Tighter restrictions on weddings, funerals, fitness classes, beauty salons, arcades, play centres and more from 11:59pm, 25 March. Read more.
- Pubs, licensed clubs and hotels (excluding accommodation), places of worship, gyms, indoor sporting venues, cinemas, casinos must close. Takeaway only at restaurants and cafes. Supermarkets, and pharmacies remain open. Read more
- Tasmania, the NT, WA, Queensland and SA announced border closures. Anyone entering is to self-isolate for 14 days. See specific State and Territory Government sites for information.
- JobSeeker Payment claims can be submitted online 24/7. Online service capacity is being increased. Read More.
- For school closures (government and non-government) please refer to state and territory education authorities. Read more.
- Stop the spread! Stay 1.5 metres away from others, wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, avoid touching your face and if sick, stay home. Read more.
State Government information
Information for travellers
Receiving financial support
Information for education providers